流浪的龙

似乎大家今年过的不太好。如果需要树洞或者安慰,写电子邮件到460304395@qq.com,或者在评论里留下邮箱。愿我能安慰孤独的灵魂。此条长期有效。

Daily Growing-Altan. - Altan

      《Daily Growing》,日日长大。一首爱尔兰民谣,讲述的一个24岁的爱尔兰少女爱上了一个14岁的少年。日日盼望他长大,没想到他却英年早逝,她的少年再也不会成长了。

      带着淡淡的哀怨,讲述了从结婚到守寡的过程。包办婚姻,先结婚,后恋爱。在歌里,父亲和女儿一唱一和,歌声悲伤而悠远。在现实中,丧夫之痛也发生在乐队的灵魂人物Mairead。而丈夫的临终嘱咐是,不要因为他放弃乐队。所以我们现在听到的这首歌,在坚强中却带着深深的悲伤。

The trees they grow high, the leaves they do grow green,

树正高啊叶正茂

Many is the time my true love Ive seen,

心上人啊我常见

Many an hour I have watched him all alone,

孤身人啊我常望

Hes young but hes daily growing.

少年郎啊日日长

Father, dear father, youve done me great wrong,

父亲啊父亲你铸大错

You have married me to a boy who is too young,

把我嫁与那少年郎

I am twice twelve and he is but fourteen,

一个二十四啊一个仅十四

Daughter, dear daughter, Ive done you no wrong,

女儿啊女儿我不曾错

He's young but he's daily growing

可少年郎啊也在日日长

 

I have married you to a great lords son,

豪门之子可依傍

He will be a man for you when I am dead and gone,

我离去后是他伴你身旁

Hes young but hes daily growing

少年郎啊他也在日日长

 

Father, dear father, if you see fit,

父亲啊父亲若你觉尚妥

Well send him to college for another year yet,

来年我们送他入大学

Ill tie a blue ribbon all around his head,

那蓝丝带啊在他额上环圈

To let the maidens know that he is married.

周知妙龄少女他已履婚约

One day I was looking over my fathers castle wall,

一日我远眺自父亲的城堡

I spied all the boys playing with a ball,

窥见少年踢球吵吵闹闹

And my own true love was the flower of them all,

我的真爱如鲜花熠熠闪耀

He's young but he's daily growing

他日日成长 尽管依旧年少

 

And so early in the morning at the dawning of the day,

那日正早啊晨曦正好

They went into a hayfield to have some sport and play,

在干草堆他们嬉戏玩闹

And what they did there she never would declare,

相爱之举 深藏心底 不愿言状

But she never more complained of his growing.

但从此以后她不再怨他青涩飞扬

At the age of fourteen he was a married man,

十四岁哟他已为人夫

At the age of fifteen the father of my son,

十五岁呀他已为人父

At the age of sixteen his grave it was green,

十六岁啊 墓前草茵 早已作古

And death had put an end to his growing.

少年已故啊不再成长

Ill buy my love some flannel, Ill make my love a shroud,

买来法兰绒啊做我爱人寿衣

With every stitch I put in it, the tears they will pour down,

一针针啊 我泪如泉涌

With every stitch I put in it, how the tears they will flow,

一线线啊 泪密如针脚

Cruel fate has put an end to his growing.

命运残酷啊,少年故人,再不成长!

翻译贡献者:雉礼



评论(1)
热度(30)

© 流浪的龙 / Powered by LOFTER